Saturday, July 6, 2013
Winnemem Wintu Tribe
State of California threatens to destroy sovereign nations captive within it's border, including the Winnemem Wintu, as the State proceeds with a water distribution plan which also threatens the endangered species and ecosystem of the Sacramento inland delta!
2013-07-06 "Request resume, biography and job descriptions for Community and Rural Affairs Advisor Debbie Davis"
message from John E. Colby to Ken Alex, Director for the California's Governor's Office of Planning and Research (OPR) [1400 Tenth Street, Sacramento, CA 95814]; via facsimile to: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, via facsimile; cc: U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer, via facsimile; cc: Governor Jerry Brown, via facsimile; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com
Dear Director Alex:
I am writing on behalf of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe, as an interested third party who seeks government intervention on their behalf for their cultural survival in the face of Governor Brown's policies which endanger this. They seek information about a government official whose job performance I don't believe they are satisfied with, an official who does not seem to be working in their best interests. Note these are my beliefs about the Winnemem Wintu's opinions — I do not represent them. Information about the Winnemem Wintu can be found on their website: [www.winnememwintu.us]
To ensure their cultural survival in the face of water projects which threaten it — like the Delta two tunnels diversion plan — I am submitting the following California Public Records Act (CPRA) request. First read the linked to article about Winnemem Wintu Chief and Spiritual Leader Caleen Sisk opposing the Delta two tunnels water diversion plan put forth by the Governor: [www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/14/1208998/-Barrigan-Parrilla-will-oppose-Delta-tunnels-at-Senate-hearing#]
To quote: Caleen Sisk, Chief and Spiritual Leader of the Winnemem Wintu Tribe exposed the peripheral tunnel plan for the scam that it is. "The common people will pay for the project and a few people will make millions. It will turn a once pristine water way into a sewer pipe. It will be all bad for the fish, the ocean and the people of California," Sisk said.
Please also inspect the following blog by marine news journalist Dan Bacher about the planned peripheral canal: [www.dailykos.com/news/peripheral%20canal]
To understand the Winnemem Wintu's connection to the Salmon and our river ways, please view the following video: [youtu.be/NJGRVW5YWig]
I ask for copies of the following for Community and Rural Affairs Advisor Debbie Davis:
* her resumes
* her biographies
* descriptions of her job duties
I believe these are all non-exempt records. I ask:
* if you determine that any or all or the information qualifies for an exemption from disclosure, to note whether, as is normally the case under the Act, whether the exemption is discretionary, and if so whether it is necessary in this case to exercise your discretion to withhold the information.
* in case you decide that any of the information is exempt, please explain how the interest in not disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in disclosing it.
* if you determine that some but not all of the information is exempt from disclosure and that you intend to withhold it, that you redact it for the time being and make the rest available as requested.
* if there is any information in these records which is private and you decide it is exempt information, yet it is in an otherwise disclosable document, please segregate the private information by redacting it while providing me the rest of the unredacted record.
* if these documents are available in an electronic format such as standard audio and video formats, MS Power Point Presentation (PPT), Apple Keynote format, Portable Document Format (PDF), eXtensible Style Language (XLS), MS Word Document (DOC), Hypertext Markup (HTM), Rich Text Format (RTF), plain electronic text (TXT), or as hyperlinks to the Internet that they be provided to me in one of those forms, preferably in their native form.
I am willing to pay a fee of up to $10 for this request. If you estimate the cost of completing this request will exceed that amount, please contact me first before completing it with a fee estimate. If this request would entail special searches which would incur search fees to me, please contact me first with a fee estimate.
Thank you for fulfilling this CPRA request to help me assist the Winnemem Wintu survive as a distinct cultural group in the face of water planning policies by the Governor which threaten their very cultural survival. Please confirm receipt of this email via email or telephone voicemail.
Respectfully yours, [signed] John E. Colby, Ph.D.